As creators of the FURminator deShedding Tool, FURminator continues to raise the bar with innovative, proprietary shedding solutions. The FURminator lineup of deShedding tools, grooming tools, hair care products, bathing and hygiene solutions broadens and enhances the FURminator deShedding experience for pet parents and their pets. Simply put, there is no pet care solution on the market like the FURminator product line. The FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats features a short hair stainless steel deShedding edge to reach through topcoat and safely remove loose hair and undercoat without damaging the coat or cutting the skin. The FURejector button releases hair with ease, making deShedding easier than ever! You will love the ergonomic handle for comfort and ease of use as you deShed your cat. Up to 2/3 of the hair a cat sheds is ingested during self-grooming, resulting in hairballs that are messy, stressful to the cat and cause potentially serious problems. You can help by reducing the excess hair that can be the culprit of these hairball problems.
FURminator Small Cat Short Hair deShedding Tool
For Cats Up 10 Pounds
Pets will always shed, and as long as they live indoors, you, the pet parent will always need a way to reduce pet hair. As industry innovators and experts on pet hair, FURminator understands the entire shedding cycle and the role that hair care and hygiene play in helping to reduce shedding and make you and your pet happy. For that reason, FURminator developed a high-performance line of hair-care, nail, hygiene, and waterless products.
By reducing shedding up to 90%, the FURminator deShedding tool enables you to share your home with your cat, without surrendering it to his hair. FURminator deShedding tools eliminate the frustration associated with shedding, and keeping their coat healthy and beautiful. In addition, they keep pets comfortable and safe, the line of deShedding tools eliminate every concern associated with shedding for all pets, and that’s why both pets and pet parents love FURminator.
Please read all instructions and FAQs carefully before you begin. Use the FURminator deShedding Tool only as directed.
1. For best results, we recommend deShedding your pet immediately after washing and drying. Use only on a completely dry coat. Our extensive line of FURminator deShedding products are designed to promote healthy skin and coat and reduce excess shedding.
2. Before using the deShedding tool, perform a complete physical inspection of your pet. Remove tangles or mats with a FURminator Slicker Brush or Finishing Comb before using the deShedding tool. Look for sores, bruises and skin conditions, which may be concealed by his coat. If your pet has any of these conditions, seek treatment from a veterinarian before brushing.
3. Use the deShedding tool much like a brush and gently stroke across the pet’s coat in the direction of hair growth, angling the stainless steel teeth of the deShedding edge toward the coat. Start from the head and work your way back, using extra care near the pet’s stomach, legs, genitals and anus. Avoid making excessive strokes in a single area, instead using long, gentle strokes up and away from your pet’s skin. Deep or rough brushing can cause your pet’s skin to become red and irritated, so do not apply too much weight or downward pressure. If you notice any redness or irritation, discontinue use.
4. Remove excess hair from the teeth of the deShedding tool as you work by pushing the FURejector button.
Precision Tool Selection
Not all cats were created equal which makes FURminator the best choice when it comes to deShedding solutions. Simply select the tool that matches your cat’s body size then select either the short hair or long hair edge for a truly customized grooming experience. Matching each cat to the ideal tool significantly enhances deShedding results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the deShedding tool be used on all pets?
The deShedding tool may be used on most long- and short-haired pets, including dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, ferrets and other small pets. The edge is designed to make grooming pets faster and easier. The deShedding tool should not be used on non-shedding breeds or on pets with particularly sensitive skin.
How often and how long should I use the FURminator deShedding Tool?
We recommend using the FURminator deShedding tool 1-2 times a week for 10 to 20 minutes each session, though the actual time will vary depending on the breed of your pet and the condition of his coat. You may need to use the deShedding tool more frequently during heavy shedding seasons.
Where should I perform the grooming process?
The deShedding tool will remove a high volume of loose hair and undercoat, so for convenient cleanup, choose a location that is easy to vacuum or sweep, such as a tile floor indoors or outside. Or, use the FURminator vacuum accessory for easy clean up for use with the small, medium and large FURminator deShedding Tools. Always choose a location where your pet is comfortable and safe.
How do I take care of my deShedding tool?
- Be sure to keep the protective edge cover on the deShedding tool when it’s not in use.
- Take care not to drop the tool, as doing so may break the teeth, especially if the protective cover is not on the edge.
- Brush your pet before using the deShedding tool to remove any mats or tangles. Using the tool on matted or tangled fur can bend or break the teeth.
- You can clean the deShedding edge with warm water. A mild soap may be used if necessary. This can reduce the feeling of a dull edge due to dander collection in the teeth of the deShedding edge. Make sure to dry the deShedding edge completely before storing the tool with its protective cover.